Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Assumptions about Oz and Hunger Games

To be honest, I know I have more assumptions about Hunger Games than the Wizard of Oz.

Before this class I was familiar with both of these series having researched but not read ether of them. Though I knew that the movie and book for Wizard of Oz were different from one another I thought the book would still have components that would be reflected in the film. In ways I was right at wrong in those assumptions. The movie gives you at most a looking glass view of Oz changing many characters just a bit to fit the slightly different plot. I didn't know of the threats that the Witch sent after Dorothy or some of the other small details left out in the movie.

I still have a bunch assumptions about Hunger Games and I really do not plan on fixing any of them. I assume I will not like the series due to several of its key components during the plot aka its child killing and using this for the amusement of others. I did not like this in the movie Battle Royal and I like it even less now. I'm sure there are some points that I would like but I just do not care. The movie over all is a better way for me to watch the series but that still means I have to watch the killing's instead of just reading about them.

I love reading. I read when ever I get the chance and when I get a good book. The Wizard of Oz is everything I like it a book; Characters that I can grow to love, a fantasy like setting and a villain that makes my skin crawl. Hunger Games on the other hand is mostly what I don't. As I have said here and in the previous journal, I do not like when children killing one another is made in to a sport for speculators to get their kicks and giggles out of. It makes me sick despite the facts I've heard other very good things about the series. For that reason I just can't get into it. The movies I might be willing to give more of a chance as I've heard that they are even better than the books but still that means I have to put the effort into going to see even the movie and I could care less to do even that.

No comments:

Post a Comment